PRODUCT NUMBER: RX 8500
PROGRAMMER: HOWARD E. SCHEER
ORIGINAL RETAIL PRICE: .$44.95
TRIVIA: Easter Egg
Alert! Howard E. Scheer sat down
with the TI-99/4A Videogame House and provided some insight on the
development of Pac-Man for
the TI system. In that interview, he talked about a very rare Easter
Egg...rare in that only early production runs of the cartridge had the
code still intact.
"I put an Easter Egg in Pac-Man, also. However, there were two versions of the game (there was a mid-production bug fix or something); the first version had it, the second one didn't (I took it out to make room for the change I had to make).
This one was more complex (I didn't want anyone stumbling upon it). You had to do something like this (let me see if I remember how to get it to work):
(1) Set the high score to 110.
(2) Start a new two-player game.
(3) With player #1, let a ghost catch you while you still have zero points.
(4) With Player #2, go straight right until you hit a wall, and then stay there (you should have 160 points I think).
(5) When a ghost catches you, press and hold the "H" key (or maybe all three: HES).
(You MAY need to be on your 3rd man to do this.)
I'm not sure if this is right. Even if it is, if you have the 2nd version of the cartridge it won't work.
Let me know if you try it and if it works. "
.Atarisoft Mailing Card
.Back to Cartridges N-R